Wednesday, March 31, 2010

For the Birds

I have always loved birds. Maybe it's because I grew up on Cardinal Loop. In our previous homes, I had feeders. I would now, if not for our plans to move. (Our neighbors are avid bird enthusiasts, so they take very good care of the birds.) I would have a bird as a pet if I knew our dog wouldn't eat it. Eww. Anyway, when I saw the Brown Bird Toile dinnerware from Andrea by Sadek, I fell in love.


Please join me in the kitchen for a casual dinner.

I only bought the bird toile salad plates, because already had the cream dinnerware to compliment them. The cream dinnerware is our everyday dinnerware from Bombay (RIP). The rattan chargers came from Walmart for $3 each. Hopefully the stain isn't toxic! I used simple flatware by Gibson with a beaded edge pattern and plain Riedel stemware. The cream napkins are a Goodwill find. Six for about $3! Washed, ironed, and good to go!

I love the detail! Each plate has a slightly different scene.

For the centerpiece, I shopped the house to find bird/natural pieces. I used my new glass cloche with a nest and my bronze bird. You can read about my cloche project here. I borrowed the faux fern from another room to put on the barley twist pedestal. I normally don't like fake flowers and plants, but I can't keep an indoor fern alive to save my life. My talents are few and gardening isn't one of them. I'll just stick to tablescaping for now!

Thank you for coming by! Please visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday to view more beautiful tables.

17 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Erin,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be looking for that tablescape. :)

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin! another fellow atlanta area blogger here.. welcome to blogland! Love your Easter table and these great brown dishes. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and Stunning. I like your table setting very much.

    Happy Easter
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a nice tablesetting. I like this rectangular shaped platters with the birdies on it. Looks cute but not childish.

    Wish you a nice Eastertime,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that color scheme -- and those bird toile plates are just lovely! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, what a pretty table. I love the dinner plates and the chargers. Thanks for sharing your table with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your centerpiece. So elegant.

    HAppy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all of your nice compliments! I'm having a lot of fun! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I really like those brown bird plates. I recently picked up some Safford snack plates at GW with birds on them but yours are so classy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This simplicity of this is sooooo elegant! Happy Easter and Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous plates!!! Love, love, love them. You did good, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog today. As I have been scrolling through, I have found lots of inspirational ideas. I am a follower now. :)

    ReplyDelete