Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Getting My Feet Wet

Well, here goes nothing. My first post EVER on my first blog EVER! I chose to do a St. Patrick's Day tablescape and link to Susan's Tablescape Thursday as my first post because she's part of the reason I'm here. I have recently discovered decorating Blogworld and I admire what all of you do. Susan's blog is one of my favorites because 1. I LOVE tablescapes and 2. she lives in my town. So without further adieu, my tablescape...

Join me in the kitchen for a St. Patrick's Day lunch. (Please bear with my lack of photography skills. I'm still learning!)

I don't own any white chargers (yet) and didn't want to use a tablecloth, so I decided to use round green and white braided placemats from Kohl's. The white plates are Oneida Basketweave. I love this pattern because it goes with everything. The flatware is stamped Hampton Silversmiths but I have no idea of the pattern. I've had it a few years. I recently purchased the green depression glass sherbet cups at a local antique mall. I picked up the cut glass goblets this week from Dollar Tree! I thought they resembled Irish crystal and if one of the boys breaks one, I'll only be out a buck! I found the napkins from World Market on clearance. At first, I had a hard time deciding on the napkin rings. Then I remembered the cute ornaments hanging on my little St. Pat's tree and borrowed them. Two of them are reproduction vintage Irish cards and the other two say "Kiss Me I'm Irish" in green glittered letters and have dangly decorations.

Am I doing okay so far?

On to the centerpiece. Ok, y'all. I searched HIGH and low for a shamrock plant. And clover. Obviously, I didn't succeed. So we have tulips. Which are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but they just don't scream St. Patrick's Day. So please pretend I have a lovely shamrock plant in the middle, okay? (I added the shamrock beads to help you visualize.)

My name is Erin. So naturally I love things that say "Erin Go Bragh." For those of you who don't know, it means "Ireland Forever." And, no, I'm not Irish. Well, not completely. I have some Irish blood in me way back, but mostly I'm pure-bred USA mutt.

A close-up of my sweet little Tom Clark gnome, Erin. Can you make out "Erin Go Bragh" across the front of the tray she's holding?

A closer look at one of the ornaments...err, I mean, napkin rings. I spy my name again!

The other ornament-turned-napkin ring.

The complete package. So how'd I do? Should I keep blogging or hang up my hat now?

I would love your comments! If you've visiting from Susan's BNOTP Tablescape Thursday, Thank You! If you're one of my friends or family members who's reading because I begged you to, it means more to me than you'll ever know! And please make sure to visit Susan! Come again!









22 comments:

  1. And I get to be your first comment! Welcome to blogging, You did great and it looks like spring, as well as St. Patrick's Day. I love your round placemats--as good as chargers. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I think the tulips look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to TT! You did great and we're hoping you'll be back again and again! Your soft green is so pretty. Last year my first tablescape was for St. Patrick's too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tulips are so pretty. My favorite part of your setting is the napkin (ornament) rings! Great idea and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. Don't stop, because you'll only get better. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not the first post, but I got dibs on first follower! I think it looks great. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Blog Land. It's so much fun. And great job on your tablescape. Lucky you to live in the same town as Susan. I'd love to see her porch!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Erin! LOVE your braided placemats (you don't always need a charger!), LOVE your gorgeous tulips, LOVE your stemware/glasses and LOVE your first post! I just started my blog in December and have only written two lame things. And look, it is March already! (Although my laptop at home DID die out, and I just got a new one a week ago, so one has to cut me some slack, no??) But, I must say, you are great for adding so much and you are just starting. Good for you and congrats! P.S. I am proud to be your SECOND Follower! :)
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. My blog is "TheLittleRedHouseWithTheWhitePorch," by the way... I saw that for some reason, my pic wasn't shown, and neither was my blog name! Oh well...
    Regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your comments! D, while Susan and I do live in the same town, I don't know her personally, but maybe I'll be invited over one day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tulips are gorgeous. Sometimes too much of a theme is, well, too much! Your place settings are charming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your first table! It's beautiful, I love all the Irish touches! And, the centerpiece is just gorgeous! Keep blogging, you did great!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great first post...lovely tulips. Hope you will join in again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job, Erin! Even though you're new to blogging it's obvious you have some experience setting a pretty table. I love your china! Nice job, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great tablescape. It looks very festive for St. Paddy's day!! I do think you have it down, girl and I hope you keep blogging. You will make lots of friends, including me!! ;-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent! I really enjoy seeing all the imaginative settings that are being done and shared on Tablescape Thursdays. I'm impressed that you did this in your first post. I'll be back to visit and hope you'll visit me as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tablescape for St. Patrick's Day! Love your blog's name. Welcome to the blogosphere--it's a fun place to be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Erin,
    Welcome to Tablescape Thursday! You did great! You obviously have a flair for the visuals, and your humor comes through in your commentary. I'm impressed!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Regards,
    Bill

    P.S. You're lucky (like the Irish) to live so close to Susan, our greatest source of inspiration! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you did a great job! Keep going, I'm looking forward to your next post.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done. Although am just a beginner too. But if we love what we're doing, then we cope every TT Susan started, aren't we?

    Gorgeous setting to honour St. Patric's Day.

    Enjoy ur w/end.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a great job on this tablescape, and your photo skills far outreach mine when i first started blogging, it was all trial and error..The great thing is if you need any help just ask most anyone they are all so helpful with photos, dishes, blog help, identifying anything like dishes or silver...I love the glasses you used and the placemats are darling...Phyllis, come on over for a visit and see the bunny rabbits.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice tablescape, Erin. I look forward to seeing more of your tablescapes in the future.

    ReplyDelete